This was the first bank in Harrisburg and was opened for
business soon after the town was established, probably before
1890. It was initially operated as a private enterprise by C.
J. Carlyle and his two assistants, A.E. Scott and Fred Telcamp,
and in 1906 sold to Frank Hollenbeck. In 1908 a group of
citizens filed articles of incorporation with a capital stock of
$10,000, shares at par value of $100 each, and bought the bank
from Mr. Hollenbeck. It operated successfully for more than 40
years; however, lack of business forced its liquidation in
1934. This building was donated to the Society by Marvin
Knutsen of Kimball.
Historical Day/Museum Open House will be Saturday,
June 10, 2017