The barn was built in 1910 by the Longacre
Brothers in northeast Banner County and donated to the Banner
County Historical Society in 1990 by George and Marjorie Brown.
Lumber for the construction was hauled through Hubbards’ Gap
with teams and wagons from suppliers in Minatare and other
Moving this 32’ wide, 36’ long, 34’ high
structure the 25 miles from the Brown ranch to the present site
was started on a January morning at 8:30, and after moving under
nearly 20 power lines, arrived at 5:00 p.m.
Several displays are under construction in
the hay mow which will include a saddle shop and a carpenter
shop. A large barb wire display and other miscellaneous farm
and ranch tools will soon be ready for viewing.
Museum Open House will be Saturday,
June 10, 2017