This 1 1/2 story log structure was built by
Frances O. Baker on land
homesteaded by Wm. C. Spahr in 1888. It changed
hands several times, finally to the Bull Canyon Ranch, owned by
W. T. Young and family, who donated the log house to the Banner
County Historical Society. Ardent volunteers spent
hundreds of hours dismantling the structure - log by log - and
hauling it more than 20 miles to the present historical site.
It was reassembled on a concrete foundation and reduced to one
This log home is completely furnished with
household items used in the late 1800's. Note the wood
burning stove with warming ovens at the top.
Historical Day/Museum Open House will be Saturday,
June 10, 2017